The core team takes an ongoing, active role in overseeing and running the Meadow Orchard Project according to our vision and aims. Core team members ensure that there is a consistent, committed group to sustain and manage the project overall, alongside the many volunteers that help out.
Core team members are nominated at the AGM or co-opted through the year. The current core team is: Geraldine, Kate, Annalou, Sharon, Maggie and Bob. We welcome new members who are willing to commit time to taking on tasks to manage the project. As well as general volunteering at the garden the core team takes responsibility for:
- Governance of the organisation – setting meetings and agendas, AGMs, membership, policies and procedures, vision and ethos and supporting key decision-making.
- Communications, publicity, website, newsletter, email enquiries.
- Overseeing specific site projects and partnerships.
- Organising events and overseeing MOP members’ use of the site for events / workshops / groups etc.
- Co-ordinating and inducting volunteers and ensuring wellbeing of volunteers.
- Overseeing the upkeep of the site, buildings and resources, including health and safety, repairs etc.
- Financial management and fundraising.
- Ensuring the wildlife habitats, community garden and orchard are managed.
People can also get involved in various sub-groups for specific aspects where need and interest arise, such as a carpentry group, gardening group, wildlife group, events groups etc. These groups report back into the wider team for updates and feedback.
Open volunteer meetings are held regularly for everyone involved to input ideas and take on tasks. We are committed to being open and inclusive to all and encourage input from everyone, whether you come to volunteer regularly or once in a while.
Meadow Orchard needs your help to create a thriving community project!