Volunteer site leaders help to run our regular Saturday open days from 12-4pm.
Site leading involves:
- opening and closing the site
- welcoming visitors and volunteers
- giving a brief induction to new volunteers
- supervising hands-on volunteer activities such as wildlife activities, gardening, site maintenance, tree-care and other practical projects
- supporting care of the site for the day, such as making sure rubbish is taken away, tools are put away and the site is well cared for
- being responsible for health and safety on the day
You can commit to however many Saturdays you like and we suggest a minimum of 3-4 a year to get the most from this volunteering role and to build continuity and experience.
An induction and training can be provided for new site leaders. Download the guidelines for site leaders below to find out more:
Please get in touch if you are interested by emailing: email@example.com